Tuesday 14 July 2009

Sunny days are here again

After  a few cloudy and rainy days it has been good to feel the sun again. The last couple of days have been glorious, blue skies and warm. 23 degrees today actually saw me crack out the bathers and boardies. Mind you I stayed on the deck chair nice and warm in the sun while Colin braved the pool with Johanna for a bit. It felt like a lazy summer day, walking and shopping in town, lazing by the pool listening to my mp3 player; it helps to chase away memories of rain and cold. I had been thinking longingly of my electric blanket and central heating!

I like - the sun, being warm, the beautiful scenery, exploring new places, relaxing, seeing my family enjoying themselves

I don't like - waking up at 5am feeling cold and needing to go to the toilet, using public toilets/bathrooms, rain, sand/dirt on the caravan floor.

Like all things in life, 'yurting' is a mixture of pleasant and unpleasant. The last few days have been mostly pleasant, makes me more amenable to planning future forays into the unknown......