Thursday 4 November 2010

toggle

There is a simple joy in discovering keyboard shortcuts. As a relatively new user of Macs, I'm picking up little time savers gradually.

"Annie's Provedore - around the corner in Barwon Heads"


Our current yurting experiment feels a bit like toggling between modes of life. This morning I contented myself with working at my laptop with the Barwon River just a short cast away (made the bate purchase today ready for my attempt at the fanciful fresh flathead for breakfast caper) while Maria and Johanna walked and rode. The onshore breeze made a mess of the swell so I left my freshly waxed longboard in the bag today. After a quick walk to suck in the sea air I did a phone meeting for an hour before Maria and Johanna showed off one of their morning discoveries for lunch ... Annie's Provedore. Now I'm a sucker for a good cafe deli and Annie's just around the corner from our site in Barwon Heads is an absolute cracker. The floor to ceiling shelves are packed with sauces, relishes, oils, teas, coffee etc and the baine marie is full of cheeses and fresh produce.

"Beach at Ocean Grove"


Then we hop in Pat (trusty Patrol) and home by 4:30, in time to do a bit more work before dinner, with everyone at home for a change. (toggle)

"back in Melbourne"


Two full day workshops, then Anna and Michael's wedding on Saturday before we toggle back.

"Beach at Ocean Grove"