Sunday 25 September 2011

Lisbon bound

‎'Sitting on the plane from London to Lisbon. We have both got our headphones in listening to music. The sky is blue. I'm listening to my surf, yurt, cruise playlist to get me in the mood for Portugal. Even though the last couple of days has been OK weather in London my memories will be of grey skies and drizzle, in part because I have been a bit miserable with snuffly nose and cough.

I'm looking forward to being with Maria in Portugal. It feels like a proper adventure, going somewhere unfamiliar and exotic. I expect to ditch the jeans and pull the shorts from the bottom of the bag. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that once my body feels the warmth and smells the salt air I'll bounce into health.

(U2 is singing, It's a beautiful Day - it is)

They served us a salad roll. Maria said, 'That's your lunch' except when she saw hers she didn't even open it announcing she was going to wait for something better when we land. That'd be right. 

(a few hours later)
Settled into our hotel now and wandered around the streets. Maria has done it again, this place is totally cool, right in the cent of town on the city square surrounded by classic old buildings and alfresco eating at every turn. Photos to come ...