Saturday 1 January 2011

Taking it slow

Today was a rest day. Everyone was feeling a bit weary (lots of activity, sun, surf and wind over the last couple of days) This morning we wandered around a market, not much of a happening thing. Colin and I did purchase some spice mixes in anticipation of some great curries and casseroles in colder months. Other than that we hung around the caravan park. The girls spent most of the day at the pool. Colin and I walked along the beach, did the usual shop for dinner in town (Colin lashed out and finally bought himself a new pair of boardshorts, now the ones he is wearing can be washed) and took our ‘happy hour’ drinks down to the grassed banks overlooking the beach. The wind had picked up and the kite surfers were out in force – fun to watch.

Colin is cooking dinner – Chicken Caesar Salad (always seems to be the time I write) and then the older girls are heading into town with new made friends (all that ’hanging out’) to listen to live bands and see in the New Year. Johanna, Colin and I will watch the fireworks and festivities from Phil and Carol’s balcony (has to be one of the best views in Merimbula. I will take my camera, unfortunately the internet connection here is not great, it literally takes 15 minutes to upload a photo, so there may not be many photos up this time around) Cocktails and dessert are on the menu tonight.

No New Years Resolutions for me. I just hope next year is better than this one – less stress and sadness. My wish is to one day see Heidi truly happy again. A simple desire but one that seems so far away.