Thursday 29 September 2011

amazing hotel internationale

OK, one more comment on our amazing little hotel. I've mentioned that is it a bit quirky. Examples of this are things like the crockery and glasses having sloping bases so that glasses sit on the table like the leaning tower of Pizza, the are little messages on things such as on the glass front door that says something like 'hello, I am glass'.

By the two little messages I like most are on the welcome mat and the shoulders of the hotel staff uniforms;
The welcome mat says, 'I am curious about you.' I reckon that is a great way to welcome someone.
On the shoulders of the hotel uniforms is the phrase, 'the world fascinates me.'

I'd love to meet the person behind the place, I suspect they would be a rally interesting person. But I'm satisfied just to have experienced something of the little Lisbon experience that they have created for people like us.