Tuesday 9 November 2010

Time Out

Today was a cruisy, pottering kind of day, (think Johanna is writing about it) helped along by not 10, but 11 hours of sleep last night! It was the kind of ‘slow’ day that aids rest and renewal.

As we were driving yesterday I was listening to some music by Juzzie Smith (last time we were in Byron Bay we bought his CD after hearing him play at the local market). I listened closely to the words of one of his songs as I peered out the car window, marvelling at the great grey expanse that was the sky. There was so much of it, 360 degrees of low lying grey rain clouds, soon spattering drops on the windscreen. The song I was listening intently to is called Time Out. The words felt so apt for where we are at the moment, bruised and weary from a tough year, and yurting is our way of taking time out – finding that rest and renewal that our bodies and soul are telling us we need.

I’m Taking time out to let go, body is down, let it go, I can feel, feel the light rise…

I’m taking time out to let go, body is down, telling the soul, I can feel, feel the light rise…

Feel your feelings, honour all your feelings…..Taking some time out to let go, let your emotions go, let them go, feel your light rise…

I’m taking time out to let go of all the beliefs that I’ve been told and now I’m free to breathe my breath, my own breath…

(Some words from Time Out by Juzzie Smith)

Having some ‘time out’ each week is helping us let go, fill up and feel the ‘light rise’.

Tomorrow we will head back to Melbourne at lunch time, Colin has a late afternoon meeting. With some luck there will be waves to surf in the morning, Johanna is keen now she can keep warm (new wetsuit). Unfortunately Colin is still not feeling well, he may have to continue to give the surfing a miss. One consolation – there is always next weekend…..