Sunday 27 December 2009

Beach Crawl

Beach crawl

 Dads idea;

Check out the beaches surrounding coffs harbour.

And so the beach crawl begins.

 Inventory:

-one patrol that can withstand the bumps and lurches of beach carparks

-thongs – for when the ground gets hot

-food, for when we get hungry

 Destination:

A total of 6 beaches

 So I jump into the patrol,

Head out the window,

Seatbelt undone,

Music blasting into my ears,

Wind whipping my hair across my face,

And the calming view of trees and shrubs flashing past me.

 Arriving at a beach,

Jump out of the car,

Nothing in our hands, nothing on our backs,

A dive into the water,

A dash back across the hot sand,

And off we go again.

 It was one of those afternoons where I felt like taping a camera to my forehead, so I could replay the footage to old people and give them a glimpse of pure happiness before they cark it.