Saturday 2 January 2010

back to slow

I know how silly it sounds, but it can feel busy. Not in the same sense of urban busyness, but the simple activities of going for a walk, going to the beach, shopping, cooking, cleaning up, pottering around the yurt doing odd jobs (yesterday the hinges on the bed broke) all become the routines of life.

This morning has been 'back to slow'. I woke earlier than Maria and Johanna so took my coffee down to the beach. The beach here is steep so the waves break close to shore ... lovely and peaceful with people walking and doing their early morning dip.

Maria is now off on a long walk, Johanna is watching a video with one of the kids from next door and I'm listening to the Waifs, sitting outside typing and cooking breakfast. This morning we're doing tomato with basil, an egg and bacon on a muffin.

I'm sipping Tetleys now as Maria walks back across the park, so I'll go and get her breakfast happening.

The other reason today will be slow is forced. Yep another injury ... got a heavy blow from a fin yesterday - was relieved to see no blood but it was pretty colourful within minutes. So here I am again with the ice and elevation routine, at least for today. :)