Tuesday 8 December 2009

I See

on the road to yamba


i see;
flashes of open fields and mountains, trees and hills broken by the occasional small town.



i hear;
the roaring of the wind as it rushes in the open window.
music competing to be heard over the roar of the engine.



i smell;
the chicken we had for lunch and the heat of summer air.



i feel;
waves of air that scream through the car window, playing with my hair and numbing my face.



surfing


i see;
an endless stretch of the unknown



i hear;
the laughter, wistles and triumphant cheers of the people who can have managed to catch a wave, the roar of the waves as they crash into the sea, the screams and peals of high pitched laughter of children who venture into the cool water.



i smell;
salt.



i feel;
the ocean swelling beneath my feet, water caressing my shoulders, the pull of a legrope on my ankle, the soft lullaby of the waves as they rock me to a place of serenity.


it feels so good to be back here, it feels as if i've been away for weeks, the amount of things we have done, seem impossible to fit into a time span of three days such as spending time;


-down at the beach
-trying my luck at surfing
-fishing off the bridge
-wading into the river at low tide
-watching as HUNDREDS of fish swim beneath my feet
-heading down to the shops to but some bits and peices
-going to market, to market, to buy lots of food
-travelling from brunswick heads to the airport, to yamba
-spending half a day in the swimming pool
-racing around the caravan park on bikes.


just to name a few.

its late out, and the mosqitoes are hunting, so im going to finish my first ever blog right about now :)